Services to Women in NAM Member Countries.
- Conducts training courses and workshops in the areas of women and gender for the benefit of NAM Member Countries;
- Organises luncheon talks and lecture series related to gender and women to government agencies, public organizations and NAM Member Countries to promote gender awareness;
- Conducts international seminars and other programmes on current and pressing issues relating to gender and women of NAM Member Countries;
- Coordinates and carries out research studies on women and gender-related issues of priority to NAM Member Countries;
- Compiles and publishes articles and source reference materials on women and gender-related issues;
- Develops skills for government officials, NGOs, private sector representatives and individuals to enable them to formulate, implement and monitor gender sensitive and gender responsive legislation;
- Supports and provides consultation service to NAM Member Countries in their own effort to train and develop their women;
- Strategise, plan and implement programmes to generally support the mission and vision of NIEW; and
- Actively seeks funding and sponsorship from other corporations and organizations in order to help increase the participation of women from the poorer countries of NAM.
Last Updated: 04 September 2013 | Hits: 7772